CPU Cooler and Fan Installation Service Heatsinks are incredibly important to prevent any damage and overheating.
- Heatsinks are incredibly important to prevent any damage and overheating.
HOW IT WORKS
BRING IN YOUR DEVICE
Bring in your equipment and any necessary parts, cables or accessories
Let us know any additional details of the installation needed
WE DO THE WORK
Our certified technicians will get to work doing the installation
PICK UP YOUR DEVICE
We'll contact you when your equipment is ready to be picked up
- We help you research and select the proper heatsink or AIO cooler based on your motherboard, CPU socket, and case
- We stock many cooling solutions in our BYO department - from low profile to full liquid cooled all-in-one options
Heatsink Installation Details
- This service applies to upgrading or installation of an aftermarket CPU air cooling or liquid cooled AIO in a functioning system
- We research which heatsink or cooler is appropriate for your computer
- Once we complete our research, we inform you which coolers would work best and in your budget
- We will install your new heatsink or cooler, along with applying new thermal paste to your CPU, and make sure that your new heatsink or cooler is working as intended and is properly cooling your CPU
What We Need From You
We'll Keep You Updated
Authorized Service Provider for Top Tier Brands
Visiting the Micro Center Knowledge BarSelect this service online, include a full and complete problem description for our technicians, then you can either use the quick drop off service, or book an appointment if you need to speak with one of our technicians - if you are bringing in an Apple PC please schedule an appointment to speak with a technician when you arrive
Questions and Answers
Service Terms and Conditions
I understand and agree to the following Micro Center Service Terms and Conditions:
- Data Loss - The requested repair and / or installation service may cause partial or complete data loss from my equipment. I must maintain backups and assume all responsibility from restoring any lost software or data. Micro Center assumes no responsibility from any software program, data loss or restoration.
- Online Fee Collection – For certain diagnostic and repair services, Customer may tender a fee to Micro Center through an online payment transaction at the time of the online scheduling of a service appointment. Customer understands that the fee charged in an online payment transaction is merely an estimate based on Customer’s self-assessment of the necessary diagnostic and / or repair services for his or her computer. There may be circumstances where a Customer’s computer cannot be repaired, must be rebuilt or upgraded, or requires additional services not included within the scope of the Customer’s self-assessment because of the age of the computer, the obsolescence or unavailability of repair parts, the receipt of additional instructions from the Customer, or other factors. Customer acknowledges and agrees that the online payment transaction amount is merely an estimate and that Micro Center may charge and collect for the actual fees incurred for diagnostic and repair services performed on Customer’s computer
- Partial Builds – A Customer may request that Micro Center assemble or build parts of a computer, but not all of a computer (a “Partial Build”). In Partial Build service transactions, it is contemplated that the Customer, or a third party at the Customer’s request, will complete the construction of the computer, which may include the installation of additional parts to the computer or the modification of the computer. The Limited Warranty described below will not apply to a Partial Build service transaction. In addition, after a Partial Build is picked up by a Customer, any subsequent diagnosis, troubleshooting, or repairs to the computer, which may require additional or replacement parts, will be subject to additional fees or charges, all at Customer’s expense.
- Custom Builds – A Customer may request that Micro Center assemble or build a custom computer (a “Custom Build”). Micro Center will charge the Customer a custom build fee for the assembly or building of a Custom Build computer (the “Build Fee”). Once Micro Center collects the Build Fee, either through an online payment transaction or at the service counter, the Build Fee is not refundable under any circumstances. A Customer will have five calendars days after being notified by Micro Center that a Custom Build computer is ready for pick-up to retrieve the Custom Build computer. If a Customer fails to pick up the Custom Build computer within this five-day period, Micro Center may sell the Custom Build computer in its retail store and, in such case, will refund the cost of the parts used to assemble the Custom Build computer to the Customer requesting the Custom Build, but in no event will Micro Center refund the Build Fee or the cost of any software installed on the Custom Build computer.
- Warranty Repairs - A valid proof of purchase must be provided before any Warranty work will be performed. I understand that the operating system, other software, software configurations, and Virus detection / removal are not covered by manufacturers’ warranties and that normal Non-Warranty diagnostic and repair rates will apply.
- Non-Warranty Repairs - A Diagnostic fee is due for diagnosing and confirming the problem. If I choose to have the equipment repaired, additional charges apply at normal posted shop rates. I understand that a payment in full is due before any equipment can be released by Micro Center.
- Data Backup Service - Micro Center can provide limited data file backup of specific data files only (“Data Backup Service”). It does not include the programs or program files that created the data. However, Micro Center can reinstall these programs for an additional fee if the original disks and license keys are provided. In order to provide the Data Backup Service, the hard drive with the files to be backed up, must be functioning and accessible. For an additional charge, Micro Center can also supply the storage media for the backup service. Micro Center disclaims any warranty of any kind of the Data Backup Service or of the integrity or completeness of any data backup files. Micro Center assumes no responsibility for any software programs, data loss or restoration. In no event shall Micro Center be held liable for any consequential or incidental damages due to lost data, lost programs or defects in parts or labor. The total liability of Micro Center shall in no event exceed the total sum paid to Micro Center for the data file backup service. The customer acknowledges that the estimated and actual fees reflect this limitation of liability and risk.
- Parts Used for Repair - I understand that New, Used, Reconditioned or Re-manufactured parts may be used in Warranty and Non-Warranty repairs.
- Non-Return of Parts - I understand that all Warranty parts and any Non-warranty parts replaced under and Exchange or core basis will not be returned to me. Other replaced parts will be tendered to me.
- Unclaimed Equipment: Security Interest - Customer grants Micro Center a security interest in and to the equipment to secure the payment of the charges incurred hereunder. Any items which have not been claimed and paid within thirty (30) days of my declining repair or Micro Center’s first notification that the work is complete shall be considered abandoned by the customer. I authorize Micro Center to dispose of this abandoned equipment including all data and programs.
- Limited Warranty - Micro Center warrants that all replacement parts used will be free from defects in material or workmanship for 90 days from date of purchase. Micro Center will repair or replace, at its option, parts found to be defective during that time period. Repair and installation labor is warranted for 30 days from date of purchase and is limited to a redo of the original work. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, OTHER THAN THE WARRANTY OF TITLE, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so any such limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
- Limit of Liability - In no event shall Micro Center be liable for any consequential or incidental damages due to lost data / programs, defects in parts or labor. The total liability of Micro Center shall in no event exceed the total sum paid to Micro Center for this repair. Customer acknowledges that the estimated and actual fees reflect this limitation of liability and allocation of risk.
- Complete Agreement - The foregoing Service Terms and Conditions and the Service Check-in Form constitute the entire agreement between the parties, except that the Customer specifically authorizes Micro Center to provide services that Customer may request by telephone. No amendment to or modification of this agreement will be binding unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized Micro Center Manager.