How to temporarily disable Protection in ESET Version 9
Description: This article will show how to temporarily pause or disable active protection in ESET Version 9.
- The option to temporarily pause or disable active protection for ESET Version 9 is found in the program directly. To open ESET, it is typically found on the taskbar in hidden icons. To show these icons, click on the arrow / triangle at the bottom right of the screen.
- Once the window expands, right click on the ESET icon to get a list of options.
- From the list that appears, choose Pause Protection.
- A new window will open showing Pause protection at the top. Here there will be a box showing Time interval - by default it will be set to 10 minutes.
- Choose the drop down to show more time options: 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 4 hours and until reboot. Once an option is selected, choose OK.
- To verify protection has been disabled, right click on the ESET icon again and it will say either Security alert or Not protected. To re-enable before prior to the time specified, choose Enable protection.