How to activate ESET Smart Security 4 with another boxed copy
The information in this article refers to a previous version of ESET. It is recommended that you run the most current version of ESET. Please see our tech article How to update your ESET Program to the Latest Version for assistance with updating your program. The information in the article below is provided as a convenience to those who may still have questions about the older version of the program.
Description: Steps to activate ESET Smart Security 4 using the setup > username and password screen.
- Go to the website http://www.eset.com/microcenter and fill out all of the information to receive your NEW username and password.
- If the website says that your activation key has been activated too many times, check your email to find your username and password (check for an email from ESET).
- The Icon may be green or , yellow , orange , or red .
- You may have to click on the arrow that points up to expand your icons to find the ESET icon.
- After typing in your NEW username and password click the OK button.
- Click on the link Update Virus Signature Database, this will send a request to the activation server to activate ESET. The protection status icon will change to green .