IMPORTANT: How to add a desktop and change the background in OS X
Description: This guide shows you how to add more desktops/workspaces in OS X and how to change to different wallpapers for each of the desktops.
- Right-click (or two finger click) in an open space on your desktop to bring up the menu window. Select Change Desktop Background….
- Select the picture you would like to use as your first background and press the red circle to clear out of your background choices.
- Use three fingers to scroll to the right in order to go to your second desktop.
- On this new desktop right-click (or two finger click) in open space on your desktop to bring up the menu window. Select Change Desktop Background…. Choose which background you would like for this second desktop. Then press the red circle to clear out of your background choices.
- You are all set! To view all your desktops at one time use three fingers and scroll up in order to bring up the desktop viewer.
- Here you can choose whichever desktop you want to work with or you can add a desktop in the upper right hand corner.