IMPORTANT: How to connect to a Wireless Network on your Laptop with Windows 7
This guide will show you how to connect to a wireless network on your new laptop running Window.
- Verify that the wireless card is turned on, either using a wireless switch or a key combination on the laptop.
- Locate the wireless network icon in the system tray, in the bottom right corner of the screen.
The wireless network icon and software will vary based on system or network card manufacturer.
- Click on the desired wireless network and then click Connect.
- If prompted, enter the network security key.
- This is created when the wireless network is set up for the first time. If it is not available, contact the network administrator.
- Once the key is entered, click OK and wait as Windows 7 connects to the network.